Thursday, January 14, 2010

She better not be mistaken for a boy anymore...


Two weeks ago, we visited my inlaws for New Year's Day. So fun. Lots of food, lots of laughing...

It was snowy there. The kids had a blast sledding in their backyard.

The adults stayed inside. It's amazing how quickly your blood thins when you haven't lived in the bitter cold of Western New York for a few years. I was a total wimp and watched from the window.

We ventured out to the MALL with all of the kids for entertainment. We passed Claire's.

Now, let me clarify...I wanted to pierce Emily's ears when she was an infant. I may has well have asked Greg if we could cut a few of her toes off. He looked at me like I was crazy and replied, "No way! Why would we do that to her?"

He finally allowed it when she was six years old, after she pleaded with him herself.

My sweet, beautiful Avery is still waiting for a perfect head of hair at three years old. If anyone could use a pair of earrings to look a little more feminine, it's her. I thought it was a long shot, but that I'd ask...

"Honey, let's do it...please???"

No response...just a sort of blank smile.

"Can we?"

He was thinking about it...


A half hour later, Avery had screamed so loud, I'm sure every single store in the mall heard her, but she had pretty little pink earrings...

I couldn't believe it...



No comments: