Monday, October 5, 2009

Priorities flying all over the place

With the little time that I have in between diaper changes and dinner-making (and yes, sometimes they happen simultaneously but yes, I wash my hands in between the two), I need to set some serious priorities. I don't have time to do it all, so I'm trying to figure out what is really important.

There are a couple of things that are obvious (but that I'm still not always very good at):
I need to spend more time in prayer and meditating on all things True.
I need to spend as much time as possible molding and loving my little ones.
I need to spend time showing the people I love what they mean to me.

Okay. So that's the top of the list. But with the other 35 seconds left in the day, what is the most important thing to me?
Kidding, of course. Well, sort of.

I'm not pregnant. That's kind of an oddity around here. But that means that I feel good physically. I want to feel better.

I need to keep going to the gym and eating better.
I'm going to get something off of my chest here: I've been dieting...
I've been afraid to blog about it or talk about it too much because I'm afraid to jinx myself. (I know it's silly...)
With three pregnancies in three years, I have work to do. Serious work. But now that we are DONE, I am motivated to change my body so that I feel well permanently. (I need to in order to keep up with these little ones!)
I've been on the South Beach diet for almost a month, and (as of last Thursday), I'm down 9 lbs. A few more to go...

I need to tap in to my creativity.
I've also been trying to complete decorating around the house. I am a Martha Stewart junkie. (Can't stand her but love her organization/homekeeping/crafty ideas)
I'll embellish on this further one of these days. My head is spinning with ideas. I haven't been inspired in a while (again, because pregnancy=survival) and now ideas are flying at me...exciting but overwhelming.

And then there's always the fact that
I'd love to spend more time calling friends and family.
I'd love to arrange and attend more playdates, both for my kids and myself.
I'd love to have more date nights. (...sigh...)
I'd love to spend more time on yardwork.
I'd love to help Greg prepare for worship service more.

I'd love to remember the rest of the list...

No comments: