Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sweet and Scary moments

All mornings are crazy around here. You can imagine. But this morning was especially interesting.


Around 8:30, I was changing Nadia's diaper. She was being so cute and smiley, so I started getting silly with her.
And she belted out a huge LAUGH! Her first. It was so precious.

There are so many times during the day when I get anxious for when these little ones are just a bit bigger. This was NOT one of those times. I just wanted to freeze the moment and hold onto it forever. The last first laugh for my babies. Priceless.


Moments later, I placed Nadia into her carseat to put the finishing touches on the process of getting out the door. I went into the kitchen, and heard a couple of thuds and Nadia screaming. Levi had thrown a big heavy candle sconce right at her head. She was screaming and a mark was already appearing. Oh DEAR! I was immediately on the phone with my pediatrician friend, checking to see what should be done.

All is fine. I did all I needed to be sure of it. She has slept and awoke smiling. But Lord have mercy, it was scary.
It's crazy how a moment of sweet bliss can turn into a moment of utter fear!

No comments: