Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Going up...

I had another midwife appointment this morning. It was actually quite enjoyable to get up, shower, dress, leave the kids with Greg and head out into the chilly sunshine all by myself. I am 26 weeks this week, with only another 1.5 weeks left until my last trimester. Holy smokes...
I stepped onto the scale to find that the inevitable had happened. I gained five pounds this month. Yikes! My midwife, who steers clear of discussing weight during pregnancy, did give some advice for me to "make better choices", something I rarely think about during pregnancy. I've never gained more than 20-25 pounds, and never cared too much. It's afterward that's tricky.
I'm writing this next bit for myself and for anyone else that sees me heading into an ice cream shop (Stop me!):
The breakdown:
Month 2: -5 lbs. (I was SO SICK!)
Month 3: -3 lbs. (Still sick)
Month 4: +3 lbs. (Feeling a bit better)
Month 5: +5 lbs. (Feeling a little too good)
Month 6: +5 lbs. (Still feeling good and eating everything in sight)
That puts me at +13 lbs, at only six months...okay, Heather...easy now...
Let's hope I can report a measly one or two pounds next month so I don't have to buy all new pants after this baby's born...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Okay, if you do the math, no, my numbers don't add up right...but somehow that's what I've got so far...hmmm...

NYmomma5 said...

:) Yeah, I'm thinking but you only gained 5! I'm sure you'll figure it out. Don't worry so much about losing the "after baby" weight! You've had 5 kiddos, you're going to be a little stretched out. At least you're trying hard to be healthy! I gained close to 60lbs my first two pregnancies from eating everything I looked at; then about 35lbs for the next two when trying to be healthier (I always have a ton of fluid - good cushion for baby with a clutzy mom who falls down stairs). You're body will gain what it needs to keep that baby healthy!