Thursday, October 23, 2008

Running on fumes

While this past month has been especially stressful, unlike any other time in my life, I feel there is no excuse for losing my mind. I feel like I am a character from a soap opera! There have been so many days when I have found inspiration in the most unlikely places. I'll look at my children and see all of my hopes and dreams for the next hour as well as the next twenty years laid out neatly. But all of a sudden, for the past day or two, I'm in this weird place that I hate...a place void of mental clarity. My range of emotions has crowded out my ability to hear myself think, let alone dream. Even now, I just can't find words...
I'm sure all moms experience this...these moments when you are overwhelmed by the number of emotions you can feel in a single evening. From some place and for some reason, over the course of the past few hours, I have gone from annoyed to angry to upset to crying to guilty to content. Now I sit here feeling like I've just stepped off of a tilt-a-whirl after drinking way too much caffeine...dizzied by my own insanity!
Maybe my plate is too full...maybe my expectations are too high...maybe my grace is running too thin...maybe my hormones are still out of wack since giving birth less than six months ago...
Whatever it is, I need it to pass. My children need it to pass. My husband needs it to pass.
Oh, how I love being a woman...

PS...let me vent...I promise the crazy grocery lady will return shortly...for now, I'm just the crazy lady...

No comments: